Friday, June 4, 2010

demograzy

i was about to spilled over my drink when my granny suddenly ordered me no to elect a running candidate for a new mayor in my city in the second round election. my granny is a devote muslim by born, she is almost 78 years this years and blessed by a strong physical condition compared to her peers. i replied her ordered by asking "what's the reason anyway"? and she simply answered my question by saying "he is not muslim, and if you vote for him you will be in hell forever, that's what the clergyman told me just now on my worship". i kept silent for a moment and i finally decided not to rebuttal her (i know it's gonna be useless).

this is not a religion concern anyway..

my bustling wanna be city so called MEDAN, for the second time held the election democratically for a new mayor. our previous mayor notoriously involved in corruption case, tax evasion and bribery case(i found my self guilty when i remembered at the time i vote for him). this time election has 10 couples contenders (see how "wow" our democracy) ranging from candidates who have been supported by parties and those who run independently. in the first run election i voted for the candidate whom i think academically is accredited by possessing Prof. title.(he is one of the two prof. candidates) i voted him simply because i believe that those leaders who academically laudable must be better than those who have only so-so academic background. unfortunately he got only 5% from the requirement of 20% share to challenge the next round.

i was wondering why such a high academic background profile candidate had less voters. i used to believe that he might be favored by many people due to his rigorous publication and amicable face. in fact i was totally wrong.
yesterday, i met my friend who actively engaged in the publication of my fav. candidate. (the one that i voted) and frantically asked him about the real state of the election and guessed that money really talks in this election. he did the amen choir for my guessing

then i related to my granny's order about the mayor election, where in this case muslim clergy man compelled the worshipers to avoid non muslim candidate for being a new mayor.

silently, i assume that this year election is still far far away from a patriotic act from the contenders where reportedly they slandered each others while using a very conventional way to win (money talks) and repellently they use the most sensitive issue so called religion as the ammunition, a cause that i strongly believe associate to terrorism.

but thanx God, a digital book with the title "Nasional.is.me" salvaged me from my eroded nationalism caused by this rooted vicious election problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment